Established: May 2012
The technical committee on Sustainable Production Automation promotes the development of innovative algorithms, models, heuristics, hardware and software in broad areas. It will focus on design, analysis and management of the processes involved in the product life cycle (from design to delivery to return) to have the minimal negative impacts on society (including environmental, economic and social).
Jingshan Li, University of Wisconsin – Madison, USA
Gina Tang, Rowan University, USA
Bengt Lennartson, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
Stephan Biller, GE Global Research, USA
- Establish a sustainable production automation community
- Foster the theoretical development in promoting sustainable products and processes.
- Advance the theoretical understanding of the complexity of sustainable production automation
- Offer innovative and efficient solutions for real-world problems in sustainable production
- Demonstrate the practicality and relevance of the developed methods.
Founding Members: from 15 countries in North America, Europe, Asia, and Pacific.
- Sponsor of Special issue of IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering: Automation in Green Manufacturing, January, 2013
- Guest editors: Jingshan Li, James Morrison, Mike Tao Zhang, Masaru Nakano, Stephan Biller, and Bengt Lennartson
- 11 papers are accepted
- Sponsor of Special session in IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering: Green Manufacturing, August, 2012, Seoul, Korea
- Organizers: Gina Tang, Congbo Li
- 5 papers were presented
- Sponsor of Special session in IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation: Sustainable Production Automation, May, 2013, Karlsruhe, Germany
- Proposers: Bengt Lennartson and Jingshan Li
- Co-Sponsor of ASME Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference: Symposium on Sustainable Manufacturing for Emerging Technologies, June, 2013, Madison, WI
- First committee meeting at IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering, August 21, 2012, Seoul, Korea
- Special sessions in IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering: Green Manufacturing, August, 2013, Madison, WI, USA
- Sponsor of planning a Special issue in Robotics and Automation Magazine: Automation in Practice, 2013.
Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
University of Wisconsin – Madison
1513 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53706, USA
GE Global Research
One Research Circle, KWD 231
Niskayuna, NY 12309, USA