Established: May 2012
The technical committee on Sustainable Production Automation promotes the development of innovative algorithms, models, heuristics, hardware and software in broad areas. It will focus on design, analysis and management of the processes involved in the product life cycle (from design to delivery to return) to have the minimal negative impacts on society (including environmental, economic and social).
Jingshan Li, University of Wisconsin – Madison, USA
Gina Tang, Rowan University, USA
Bengt Lennartson, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
Stephan Biller, GE Global Research, USA
- Establish a sustainable production automation community
- Foster the theoretical development in promoting sustainable products and processes.
- Advance the theoretical understanding of the complexity of sustainable production automation
- Offer innovative and efficient solutions for real-world problems in sustainable production
- Demonstrate the practicality and relevance of the developed methods.
Founding Members: from 15 countries in North America, Europe, Asia, and Pacific.
- TC-SPA members are involved in Special Session/Tutorial/Workshop Organization of international conferences.
- Professor Congbo Li is co-organizing the workshop on Energy efficiency assessment and improvement at International Forum on Green Manufacturing, Lianyungang, China, May 28- 30, 2014
- Professor Lin Li, Organizer, Special Session on "Sustainable Manufacturing Systems", the 9th IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering, August 17-21, 2013, Madison, WI, USA
- Professors Gina Tang and Congbo Li, organizers, special session on "Green Automation," 2012 IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering, Seoul, Korea, Aug. 20-24, 2012
- Professors Gina Tang and Congbo Li, organizers, special session on "Sustainable Production Automation," 2013 IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering, Madison, WI, USA, Aug. 17-21, 2013.
- Professors Jingang Yi, Chen-Fu Chien, Andrea Matta, Liang Zhang, etc., organized multiple special sessions related to sustainable production automation in CASE 2013.
- Professors James Morrison, Jingshan Li, Fan-Tien Cheng, Mengchu Zhou, and Gina Tang, etc., organized multiple special sessions related to sustainable production automation in CASE 2012.
- Professor Jingshan Li presented Tutorial on "Production Systems Engineering" at 2012 IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering, Seoul, Korea, Aug. 20-24, 2012
- In IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering 2013, Madison, WI, TC-SPA memebers had been significantly involved.
- Professor Jingshan Li served as General Co-Chair; Professor Larry Holloway, Professor Bengt Lennartson and Professor Fan-Tien Cheng served as Program Chair. Professor Mengchu Zhou served as Steering Committee Chair. Professor James Morrison served as Special Session Chair. Professors Y. Narahari, N. Viswanadha, Dr. M. Zhang, served in Steering Committee. Dr. Stephan Biller served as Publicity Chair. Professor Martin Fabian served as Awards Chair. Professor Neil Duffie served as Local Arrangement Chair. Professor Andrea Matta served as Poster Chair. Professor Gina Tang served as Publication Co-Chair. Professor Liang Zhang served as Exhibition Co-ChairProfessor Chen-Fu Chien and Dr.Jorge Arinez chaired and joined Panel Discussion. Professors Qianchuan Zhao and Jingang Yi served in the program committee.
- Sponsor of Special issue of IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering: Automation in Green Manufacturing, January, 2013
- Guest editors: Jingshan Li, James Morrison, Mike Tao Zhang, Masaru Nakano, Stephan Biller, and Bengt Lennartson
- 11 papers are accepted
- TC-SPA members had been significantly involved in CASE 2012:
- Professors Mengchu Zhou, Y. Narahari, N. Viswanadha, Dr. M. Zhang, served in Steering Committee. Professor James Morrison served as Tutorial Chair. Dr. Stephan Biller served as Track Co-Chair in Automation Applications. Professors Fan-Tien Cheng served in the program committee
- Professor Vittal Prabhu served as Chair of APMS 2013 Advances in Production Management Systems International Conference, "Sustainable Production and Service Supply Chains," State College, PA, September 9-12, 2013
- Professors Lin Li, Qing Chang, and Guoxian Xiao served as Co-organizer for Symposium on "Sustainable Manufacturing Systems and Enterprises", ASME 2013 International Conference on Manufacturing Science and Engineering (MSEC), Madison, WI, USA, June 10-14, 2013.
- Sponsor of Special session in IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering: Green Manufacturing, August, 2012, Seoul, Korea
- Organizers: Gina Tang, Congbo Li
- 5 papers were presented
- Sponsor of Special session in IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation: Sustainable Production Automation, May, 2013, Karlsruhe, Germany
- Proposers: Bengt Lennartson and Jingshan Li
- Co-Sponsor of ASME Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference: Symposium on Sustainable Manufacturing for Emerging Technologies, June, 2013, Madison, WI
- First committee meeting at IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering, August 21, 2012, Seoul, Korea
- August 2014, Taipei, Taiwan (during IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering).
Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
University of Wisconsin – Madison
1513 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53706, USA
GE Global Research
One Research Circle, KWD 231
Niskayuna, NY 12309, USA